Email marketing with Mailchimp
Email marketing is a powerful addition to your online marketing tool box, but for it to deliver it must be done well. If you've tried to make good looking HTML emails that work using your desktop computer you'll know this is tricky.
Mailchimp is one of a number of great commercial email marketing systems available to you, but what makes it stand out is that it's FREE for those sending less than 20,000 (yes thats 20,000!) emails per month to recipient lists of less than 2,000.
Mailchimp will help you build and manage a great mailing list. It will allow you to schedule great looking email communications that are opened and actioned by your recipients and it will give you detailed reports of what is or isn't working. If you become really successful and start to send more mail than the free package allows there also some very cost effective upgrade options.
There are no pre-workshop requirements but you should have basic internet, PC and/or Mac skills.
- You'll learn about mass market emailing techniques that work and build lists of hot prospects.
- You'll learn how to use Mailchimp to deliver great looking email marketing campaigns and mail-shots.
- You'll learn how to track what's working and what's not, and refine your methods.
½ Day Workshop
Tools and materials
We will provide paper and either handouts or bookmark links for the workshop. Please bring along your own laptop or tablet. If you have an existing Mailchimp account please bring your log in – we will provide WiFi access.
- What is email marketing
- Email marketing and the law
- Email technology overview
- Why can't you use outlook
- What are the benefits of tools like Mailchimp
Setting up your account
- Signing up to Mailchimp
- Your account settings
- Billing information
- Completing your profile
- Security and notifications
Importing and creating lists
- Effective lists strategy
- Adding new email addresses
- Importing emails from a spreadsheet
- Adding a sign up form to your website
- Managing lists
Refining your lists
- Adding additional recipient information
- Working with groups and segments
Setting up a new campaign
- Choosing a campaign type
- Setting up the campaign information
- The importance of the from address
- The importance of the subject
- About mailchimp merge tags
- Adding tracking options
- About authentication
Designing your email
- Designing your email
- Working with templates
- Customising the look of the email
Writing and formatting your email
- Good copy writing for email
- Personalising your email
- Adding your copy and formatting
- Adding links
- Adding images
Scheduling and delivering your email
- Testing and checking your email
- Scheduling your email delivery
- Editing your email before you send
Tracking your emails progress
- The reporting interface
- What the measurements tell you
- Cleaning up your lists